2/2/15

International New Year Tea

A few weeks ago, my friend Anna &  I (pictured above in the Nigerian beige head piece), hosted a Nigerian table at the International New Year Tea 2015.  My friend Anna lived in Nigeria in her younger years, hence the connection to Nigeria. My mother has been organizing this annual tea for the past few years and I, secretly, always fancied hosting a table but shied away (sadly)  due to my lack of experience in the culinary department. So when Anna mentioned hosting a table, I quickly offered my services.  She obliged and everything turned up better than my expectation. 

Fresh Berries served in a Coconut // Dried Bananas 

Nigerian Buns (recipe below) // Brownies
Vintage Tea Set // Pineapple

My friend Anna 

Mexican Dance Performance

Bangladeshi Dance Performers 

This year we had representation from China, Korea, Romania, Germany, Indonesia, Iraq, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, America, England, Philippines, Lebanon, Sudan,  Mexico & more. 

Some Nigerian handicraft were used as center pieces for the table along with a Nigerian table cloth with animal print place settings.  My mothers vintage tea set was added to finish the look.  We served carrot muffins, brownies,  Nigerian Buns (all made by Anna) and fresh tropical fruit. 

Dance Performances:
Mexico
Indonesia
Ballet
Bangladesh

Nigerian Bun Recipe 
2 tablespoons evaporated milk or 1 tablespoon powdered milk
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 
Warm water for mixing
Vegetable Oil for frying 
Complete details at: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com

All in all it was a super fun, extremely global and culturally appetizing event.  If you live in the Metro-Detroit Area and would like to attend the New Year International Tea 2016, please email me for details.  



No comments:

Post a Comment